Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Fall

Fall is here and the weather has finally chilled down. Ben and Coolidge have been exploring Central park near our home area. Here is a photo of Coolidge climbing on the rocks near a small waterfall. He loves to explore and find sticks. He always finds a way to surprise me with something new. For the first time on Saturday he said, "I love you." To some of you that might not be that big of a deal, but to me it was more powerful than any emotion I have ever felt.

Great new find:
We had a nice relaxing weekend. Ben and I went out to dinner Friday night. We checked out a nice little Italian restaurant that we have tried to get into a number of times. For you New Yorkers it is called Celeste. It is very authentic and not too expensive. I would rate it 3 1/2 stars and will definitely check it out again.

Films:
We saw 2 movies during our chill out weekend. We saw 2 fluff movies, Guess who and The wedding date. Both were average at best. If I had to choose one to recommend, I would say see Guess who. It is about a black woman who is in love with a white man and brings him home to meet her family. The reason I don't like it is because they took every scenario that an interracial couple goes through and put it into one story. I liked it because I can relate to some of the issues. Some very funny parts but not completed realistic.

Recipes:
I made a stew that was delicious and want to share it with you. If you don't have a crock pot you probably don't want to write this one down.
1. Flour/salt and pepper stew beef. Brown in oil. 2. Place meat, potato chunks, celery slices, carrot slices or baby carrots, onions and garlic in the crock pot. Add 1/2 cup of beef broth and tomato juice. I use the juice of stewed tomatoes and some of the tomatoes. Also add 1 teaspoon oregano. You can add whatever vegetables you want. I cook on high for 5 hours.

I don't know if anyone has used the recipes I put on here but if you have please let me know what you think. I love to share recipes that I find and are in love with. I love to get ideas so don't be shy.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,
    Glad your fall weather has finally come. I haven't forgotten that email we were discussing just haven't had the time. Keep blogging on. ~Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie7:36 PM

    Hey Girl, I will check that recipe out. I love new crock pot ideas. I don't have a lot of time and that type of receipe is right up my alley. I know what you mean about the I love you it just melts your heart. Have a great weekend. Do you have any friends nobody seems to comment on this blog. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt. You would think I have no friends because they never leave a comment. I guess they are scared. hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:07 PM

    I love seeing the pictures and hearing about the movies. Thanks for the recipe. I hope this works cause I said I would try. Love MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete