Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Today is the last day of summer and it is still very warm. Everyday I wear a tank top and some flip flops hoping that I will soon need to wear a shirt with sleeves, shoes with socks and be able to turn off my A/C for good. The only way we know that fall is here is because the leaves are brown and have started to fall on the ground.

this weekend we enjoyed some of the great things the city has to offer. We went to a street fair and the strolled up central park to our home. For the first time I am researching just what the city has to offer for families. Especially things that are cheap or free. If any of you New Yorkers know of any ideas that I don't I would love to hear it. My aunt Shannon got married to Richard this weekend. My sister and mom said it was a beautiful wedding. I wish I could have been there with them. I guess that is a price I pay to live so far away. We wish her all the best.

Films:

We saw the movie Crash over the weekend. It was basically about Racial issues that many different people have in there life and some how they were all related to one another. It wasn't a great movie but worth seeing. There were times when I thought it might get pretty cheesy and without a doubt they added a twist that helped keep me watching. I guess I would give it 3 stars.

T.V.
There are some new shows that I am checking out and just absolutely love. Lost being the number one. It is a nail biter and keeps you wondering every episode. If you like sci fi thrillers you will love it as much as I do. If you are just starting to watch it I suggest renting last season before. I am also watching Breaking Bonaduci. It is a reality show about Danny Bonaduci's life. It is one of the best reality shows I have seen. You might think it is way to intense but I think it is something we all can relate to in one way or another.

Recipe:

I am going to end it with my favorite recipe that I just found this week.

Spinach with Corn and Tomatoes

1. in a large saucepan, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed; cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes. 2 Add 4 cups baby spinach (about 5 ounces), finely sliced; cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved; cook until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. 3 Season with 1 teaspoon coarse salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.

We loved it. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. #1 fan9:53 AM

    Oh my god...that coolidge is just about the most adorable creature i've ever had the immense pleasure setting my eyes on. I've heard he looks just like his daddy. Will somebody please get that little prince in a GAP commercial, pleeeease! I saw Crash myself and i must say Andrea, your review was spot-on. Heed those receipes ladies and gentlemen, i've had the good fortune of tasting Andrea's cooking and it is simply to die for (or kill for depending on your tendencies). No doubt,yum. I just love this blog. Keep it up and keep on livin' it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:10 PM

    I just happened to see Crash a short while ago. Though there were many racial epithets throughout the movie. I felt that it was more attuned to man's inhumanity to man. A very sad and dark movie that I do not recommend to anyone.

    RS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie1:34 AM

    Interesting I have it on my netflix and plan on watching it so I can weight in heavy! You know me always looking for a debate-Christie p.s. Andrea you need a update on the blog it has been 6days

    ReplyDelete