Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Happy New Year to all of those who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah.

We have some new exciting things happening with us. Coolidge has two new teeth coming in on the bottom. He kept complaining when he was eating. I thought it was because he bit the inside of his mouth. While I was brushing his teeth I saw what was giving him all the pain. He is still a tough one to figure out. As you can see in the picture he has one shoe on. He loves to kick them off and forget trying to get it back on.

We are also having our place painted this weekend. It has been a lot of trouble but we are finally having it done. I am so excited to have nice clean walls once again. There is a black stain behind our television that has been haunting me for over a year.

Our digital camera has expired. Little by little it has failed. We no longer can take video and use flash. We are on the look out for a new one. Does anybody have any advice for us? Do you have a camera that you love and recommend? Do you know of one we should absolutely stay away from? We can use any help at all.

Films:

We saw couple of movies this weekend. The first was, Rabbit Proof Fence. It is a very sad movie about how the aborigines were treated from 1930 to 1970 by the British. It is definitely something to see. It is a true story based on a book written by the granddaughter of the main character in the movie. Her strength should be an inspiration to all. The second movie was Coach Carter. It was a big surprise to both Ben and me. We both had low expectations but enjoyed it thoroughly. It too was based on a true story about a basketball coach who takes a team that is failing in basketball and in the classroom to victory in many ways. It is refreshing to see people stand strong for what they believe in no matter what people say or do. Both movies deserve 3 stars and are recommended by me.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Andrea, I wish I knew about cameras and was hoping to read some comments to help me out. I did not see any comments. Love MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. It seems to me that my friends and family read the blog but are not savy enough to leave a comment. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Hey, I have two digital cameras. One is an HP, I don't recommend it and the other is made by Fuji. It is an older model, but it's a good one.

    Bran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bran. I am so glad to see you have made your first comment. I started this blog for all of my friends and family to stay close and so far i haven't felt like it has worked all that well. However seeing your name and my mom's, i am now feeling like it is starting to come together. Keep on adding your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christie4:58 PM

    We have a cannon and love it. I highley recommend it. I would go to a website that has reviews on cameras. That is how we found ours. I also loved coach carter. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:16 AM

    As many pictures as you guys take, you should spend the money. Nikon or Sony, the products from Japan are the best.

    Regards,

    Unca Randy

    ReplyDelete