Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Oktoberfest




Last Sunday we went up to Bear Mountain to celebrate Oktoberfest. We drove up the palisades with no music just the sound of the car and the view of the leaves turning brown. It has to be one of the best drives during the fall season. We met up with our friends Tawyna, Emil and their kids Nicholas and Catalina. Emil's parents also joined us for some beer and German food. Ben said it was the best Oktoberfest beer that he has ever had. It was hosted by Becks. I wasn't too impressed with the German food but I am not a huge fan of that type of cuisine. The surroundings were amazing. I have been wanting to go up their for a very long time. If it wasn't so windy we would have stayed even longer. Coolidge had a great time. His favorite part was the merry go round.

I don't foresee myself going back for another Oktoberfest but we will go back for other reasons. It is a beautiful state park and only about 45 minutes to 1 hour out of the city. It looks like it is a lot of fun in the summer. I was hoping to find a place to pick pumpkins along the way but we had no such luck. I guess we will have to buy one in the city like every year.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice festival. If you do go back, I'll bet Ben remembers to bring a chair:^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:29 PM

    Hey, Love the pictures. I am so glad you do the family outing's. I look forward to reading your Blog. I love all of you. MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie11:21 PM

    Mom and I are discussing your blog and notice your weight and how thin you look and were wondering what wieght gain your talking about. Is that you that coolidge is sitting on your lap? Or not? Ben are you sitting on the streets new york? I know how you feel about your wardrobe... Later-ME

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny about the weight gain. He is sitting on the ground at the festival trying to get a good photo. As you can see he has a camera in his hands.

    ReplyDelete