Thursday, October 13, 2005

Rain

I decided to put a photo of Coolidge at the Beach because we have had non-stop rain all week long. I figure this is the only way I am going to get some sunshine. I feel like I am back in Seattle. When you live in a city where most of your traveling is walking, rain can make your life miserable.

We are praying it will let up soon because we are planning to head out to Jersey for Oktoberfest this Saturday. We are planning to go to the festival with a couple of friends and their kids. There's nothing like hanging out with good friends, drinking beer and good food. I will let you know how it goes.

Last weekend we had our apartment painted. It is amazing how wonderful it looks. It was quite a hectic day because it was raining, very humid and hot. We spent the day shopping, visiting Gay and Adrian and then a birthday party for Jonah, Coolidge's buddy. When we got home I expected it to smell something fierce but it actually didn't smell much at all. Now we are slowly putting the place back together and getting quite creative with our photos and art.

Movies:
We attempted to see three movies this weekend. The first was Amityville horror (the remake). It was God awful and had to turn it off after about 20 minutes. We then put in Cursed. This is when I felt cursed of the bad movies. It was so awful I had to laugh and turn it off. We then watched some Dave Chappell. If you haven't seen any of his shows you should check them out. He is one of the funniest comedians out there right now. On Saturday we put in a movie recommended by Christie. It was called Saints and Soldiers. I can't really say this one was bad or good. It dragged in the beginning and I was too tired to make myself get involved so I just shut it off . I have no movies to recommend this time around.

music:
I have a song that I am have been devouring and want to share it with you all. It is from a singer I never thought I would like because she comes from American Idol. Kelly Klarkson has a song called "Since you've been gone". If you haven't heard the song you must check it out and if you have and love it, let me hear a yahoo!

Recipe: I have a new chicken recipe to share. It is very easy and delicious.
Take 4 chicken breast and marinate them in 3 tbls olive oil, 1 tbls Dijon mustard, chopped garlic and a few sprigs of thyme. Put it all in a plastic bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or a whole day. The longer you marinate it the better. Then you grill it for about 6 minutes on each side depending on how thick the breast is. I use my grill pan so you get that barbecue look and carmelization. Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

  1. #1 fan10:11 PM

    rain rain go away and don't come back no other day, ya hear me. oh yeah, kelly rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer you didn't get into Saints and Soldiers. Christie and I both really enjoyed it. It was a WWII drama with an interesting turn of events in the second half. But then, who starts off with a remake rather than a referral???

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good movie must grab me in the first 20 minutes. If you have to wait for the second half to really enjoy it then it failed the viewers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christie12:17 AM

    I don't agree with having to grab you in the the first 20 min. I have watched movies that don't start out well and end where I am in tears. Oh well. Everybody has different taste thats what great about America. Let me know what you think about wicker man. LATER

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Andrea, I love that picture of Cooley. I love you MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christie11:38 PM

    Hey Girl, Love the pic of Cool. Sure would be nice to see a few more. Get going on the bloggin.. Later-ME

    ReplyDelete