Thursday, September 07, 2006

Summer Fun


I am sorry that I haven't been putting up my monthly posts. I have been very busy and here is a photo of the reason why. Yes that is a photo of my new beautiful baby boy who is now 12 weeks old. He has been keeping me very busy along with my other beautiful boy Coolidge. Brody is growing like a weed and really starting to show his personality. He lets you know what he needs and loves to giggle and talk to you. He already weighs over 14lbs and sleeps through the night on a regular basis. He spent his first month of life here in NYC and the second in Seattle. Very fitting considering he has parents who were born in both states. We just got home from Seattle and had a great time spending time with family. All of my family was very helpful with Brody and Coolidge especially my mom and Sister, Christie. While we were in Seattle the kids experienced some of my favorite childhood things to do.
We started the trip with a party for some family and friends to meet Brody. My mom was gracious enough to host a party that happened to land on my birthday. What a wonderful way to celebrate my 34th birthday(yes that's right I am 34). I know I look 28, ha ha.

We also took the kids to the Evergreen State fair. Coolidge is a huge animal lover and I knew he would love to have a chance to ride a horse. I thought he might be scared and need me to stand next to him but he decided he didn't need anyone. I was such a proud mama. When we got to the fair it was raining and I was worried it wouldn't stop and the kids wouldn't be able to ride all the rides. However, it cleared up and stayed nice and cool so we spent almost the whole day there. It was a blast and Coolidge still hasn't stopped talking about it.

Coolidge and Ben were invited to go on a cub scouts hike with Henry. It was great for them to get a chance to see a part of Washington that you don't normally see. Coolidge had a blast and I was told he kept up with all the big boys and only got tired of walking during a small part at the end. At the end of the day he said to me that he wants to be a cub scout just like Henry.

We also spent some time at Martha Lake. I forgot all about this childhood spot until my friend, Alex reminded me. We decided to check it out and we fell in love with it. Especially Ben He wanted to know why we hadn't been there before. We spent a couple of days there and even met our friend Alex, Monica, Laurel Grace, Truman, my sister Christie and her two kids Kendal and Henry.

It is safe to say that we had a blast on our trip to Seattle. We barbecued, sipped ice tea, margaritas and a lot of wine. I am sorry it had to end but looking forward to the fall and holiday season. I can't wait to see Brody grow and Coolidge experience his first day of nursery school. We are glad to be home. I will be sending more photos on snapfish so that you can see all the fun we had. I hope everyone had a wonderful summer also. Please leave a comment and tell us what you guys did also. I will try to keep the blog up. I know there is a lot I have left out so keep in touch.

6 comments:

  1. Andrea

    Nice update on the visit to Seattle. Makes me want to book a trip to the Northwest again. Maybe your mom can throw a party for us too. See you all in the park!

    John, Petra, Edie and Martin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:46 AM

    Anree,

    That was a very nice way of conveying what a great time you guys had this summer. That truly is the best way to experience Seattle,(summertime).

    The kids look great and Brody shows some of your mothers family traits in his face. Can't wait to see how he progresses.

    Glad that you got to see Heather. She is back at school teaching and is really enjoying this year so far.

    I am off to Monterey this Sunday for the annual golf trip that your Grandpa Bill got me into some 21 years ago. I will forward pictures of that upon my return.

    We love you guys,

    Auntie Heather & Uncle Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie11:25 AM

    Love the photos and the blog.Good to see you doing some updates it was far to long. I had a great time filling my time with you guys. I hope we do it again next year. Love ME

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra12:23 PM

    So fun to see your babies! Beautiful boys, congrats to you! Love your updates! Thanks for keeping in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:57 PM

    Love the blog I can't beleive how big Coolidge is it seems like you guys had a blast

    shaniqua

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maureen1:27 PM

    Hi Andrea,

    It seems you all had a blast in Seattle. It's good to catch up on the Abel-Bey info. Evidently the animals did leave an impression on Coolidge. Mitzi was telling me he was asking for a big horse. Give the boys, Brody Rae and Coolidge, a kiss for me. O.K. you can include Ben too.
    Talk to you soon.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete