Sunday, November 12, 2006

November






Thanksgiving is coming and so is my mom. We are very excited to have her in NY for her first time during a holiday. It will be Brody's first so it is very fitting that it will be my mom's also. She will be staying with us for a week and I am planning to have as much fun as we can in such a small amount of time. We are planning on spending this special day at The Abel-Bey's house with family and friends. I had the privilege of having my sister Christie here one year and now I get to have my mom.

Ben had his directorial debut with a staged reading, "WQED." He did a wonderful job and so did the actors. Ben should be very proud of himself. He hopes that this will allow him to do another or even a one act play. It was great to see him so excited about his work. There is nothing better than working on something that you are passionate about.


I thought this might be the first of his productions that I would have to miss. However I have been blessed to have a friend (Nicola) who rushed to my house after work just so I could attend. God knows it is hard to leave your baby for the first time but I am able to do so because of the wonderful person Nicola is.

Brody is 5 months tomorrow. He has become quite the cutie. He loves to smile and will charm just about anyone by giving them a smile and a giggle. He loves to be on his belly and rolls from front to back and back to front over and over. He also likes to scoot and I am predicting that he will be crawling by next month. He is very strong and quite the go getter. He broke his first tooth through about a week ago. It was a bit earlier than I had hoped for. Just when I was super confident in breastfeeding, I am now terrified that he will chomp down while eating. I have some wonderful friends who have given me great advice and we are doing much better now. He is what we call our little holiday roast. He is quite the chunk and as you can see, he has cheeks that you can't help but sink your lips into.

Coolidge has started school for the first time. He had a rough start but is doing much better. He has been going for about 3 weeks now and only resists a little bit. He has a great teacher that he just adores. He brought home his first art project and we posted it on the refrigerator. He is so proud that he shows it to anyone who comes to the house. I have to admit during the first week and half I was ready to give up because of how hard it was on him. It is difficult to see your child cry because of fear. I am happy that I stuck it out because he has grown up so much just in 3 weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We wish you the best holiday. I hope that all of you that read this blog leave a comment of what you are giving thanks for this year. Of course I give thanks for my family but I am also giving thanks for having my mom with us. Anybody who knows my mom knows how much she hates to travel. That is why I am very thankful for her coming across the country to be with us.

6 comments:

  1. Christie12:30 AM

    You look wonderful and so do your boys. I sure miss you guys I wish I could give Brody a juicy kiss on those cheeks. I am giving thanks to the Lord for all the blessings ie family, friends, good health and most of all Jesus. Best to you all during this holiday season. Lots of love The Hurds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:39 AM

    I miss you guys! I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen all of you. A few more months.
    I'm also giving thanks for family, friends, good health, and the lord. But I want to also give thanks to the troops overseas who are sacrificing there holiday season, so that we are able to enjoy ours. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Miss and Love you, Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:35 PM

    I give thanks that I am able to be with you on Thanksgiving. I love you MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:15 PM

    New York Relatives,

    We are so happy that Auntie Bonnie will be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with you guys. I do know how much she hates to travel. How much she hated to fly to Hawaii, how much she hated to fly to Mexico. She is such a martyr.

    We will be thinking of you and giving thanks for your love on Turkey Day. Take care of those wonderful boys and congrats to Ben!

    Love,

    The Nevada Sears Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:13 PM

    I always enjoy viewing your blog, even though I need help from Bonnie from time to time...I'm such a dork when it comes to the computer! The pictures of those two beautiful boys are always so enjoyable to see, and how fast they've changed in just a few months. I'm sure it will be a a memorable Thanksgiving with Bonnie and all Ben's family. I know she is looking forward to it, as well as scoping out some of the soap stars from All My Children. Have a blessed holiday and look forward to seeing more photos and updates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:34 PM

    Hey Guys,
    Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your mom. There's nothing like the holidays in NYC! I betcha the trees are lit, and the display windows are being set up, sure miss it!
    We went out to a restaurant in La Jolla and had our Thanksgiving feast on the beach at dusk. It was just enough food, no left overs, and I didn't have to cook.
    Glad things are going well, and have you really been married for 5 years? Man time flies...
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete