Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful Christmas. I hope all of you did as well. We had Ben's family over on Christmas eve for dinner. It is a tradition that Ben and I are hoping to continue year after year. Brody was a bit under the weather but it was still a lot of fun. This was my second Christmas in NY and it was great to not have to travel. I loved getting to see the kids find their presents and open them in their own home. We also loved that we didn't have any plans on Christmas day. I also want to thank my wonderful family for sending gifts. Coolidge just loved getting them in the mail and seeing what they picked out for him.

Over the last month Brody learned to crawl. He started with the army crawl and a few days ago when we had friends over he got up on all fours and started to move. He is even tryng to pull up on things. I am not looking forward to all the falling that comes next. I do love to see how proud he is of himself. Brody also has been actively introduced to the playground and loves the swing and the slide.

This was Coolidge's first Christmas where he really showed interest in all the traditions. His favorite was the lights and trees that were up. We couldn't walk 2 feet without him yelling, "look at the lights." He was very good about not being able to open his presents until the 25th. Once he was able to open them he actually felt overwhelmed and preferred to play with his old toys. Now he is all about his new games, legos, puzzles and white tiger.

Ben's old college buddy came into town and our families finally got to meet for the first time. David, Elif and Mel met Ben and Coolidge at the Natural History Museum and them came over to our place to meet Brody and me. Coolidge just adored Mel and still talks about there trip to the museum and Mel played with his toys. It was great to see them.

New Years Eve is just what I expected it to be this year. We celebrated with some Champagne and cosmo, put the kids to bed and watched our favorite show, 24. Brody woke up at exactly 10:30 and I helped him back to sleep. After that I couldn't quite make it to midnight and went to bed. It has been a wonderful year. I hope it has been the same for you all. On New Years day we went over to Ben's cousin Grace's home. Every year someone in his family throws a party on the first day of the year. It was great because a lot of his family made it there. Coolidge got to play with his cousins that he doesn't see to often and most of them got to meet Brody for the first time. I don't have any pictures but maybe I will have some for the next blog.

Our next adventure is to head home for my sister Brandi's wedding. She is getting married in February. We are very excited for her and can't wait to get together with my family. It is hard being away from them during this time of year.

I hope you all have a great year. My New Years resolution is to get back into my size 6 pants that I wore before having kids. I would love to hear what your resolution is when you leave a comment. Don't be shy.


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:06 PM

    Hi Guys,
    I love the photo of Brody going down the slide, he's adorable! Glad you guys had a great holiday. We had a blast in Honolulu, and spent New Years in San Diego, toasted champagne with the neighbors, and then out to dinner downtown, and back home to watch the ball drop in Times SQ. (pre-recorded 3 hours earlier).
    Keep that blog a comin',
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:07 PM

    Well Andrea, my New Year's Resolution is two fold. One will be to really integrate more exercise into my daily life and the second resolution is to be a better and more conscientious cook and prepare food for myself and Adrian that are more mindful of all of the food groups - I guess 2007 is to be healthier in mind and body!

    gaygay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:18 AM

    Hi Andrea!
    My resolution this year is to put my big girl panties on and stop taking you know what from people! It's a tough resolution I know. But I'm choosing to be empowered this year. I have a very good feeling about 07 and I'm excited to see what will happen!

    Bobby and I had a wonderful Christmas as well (busy but wonderful). We went to his parents, my Dad's and my Aunts houses. One of my best friends from TN was up here for New Year's. I had a horrible cold but managed to hang in there long enough to have a great time. Now I'm pooped! Looking forward to sharing good times this year!
    xoxo,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:19 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:19 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsy10:41 AM

    Nice blog Andrea. Glad to her the Holidays went good for you and your family. My resolution is to also lose a little bit of weight, we have a bet going on at home, and Im sure you will get to here all about it. Talk to you soon.

    Love, Lindsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christie11:43 AM

    Hey girly, Glad to see the blog looks like a good time at the abelbeys your kids are adorable. Can't wait to see them in Feb. good luck getting into those sixs. I am in the bet Lindsy talked about so I guess I would be shooting for a 3. I have a tough road to hoe. As for Dad he says hes down 3 pounds. Ugg. LOL -Christie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:34 PM

    Andrea & Ben,

    An old fashioned Christmas! That is just great! We are so happy for you guys. We will be sending along pictures of our holidays so that you can see them. The boys look wonderful and I see one of them replacing Tiki. Have fun in the rainy Northwest and don't forget to stop in Heppner and pick up your Grandmother and take her back to New York with you.

    Love,

    Unca R

    ReplyDelete