Saturday, February 24, 2007

February


This is a photo of me and my sister when I was about 4 months old. I wanted to post it to show the resemblence of me and Brody. Some say he looks just like me. I didn't really see it until I saw my baby photos. You tell me what you think.

The month is almost over and oh boy have we had a busy 3 weeks. At the begining of the month I decided I was bold enough to make a trip out to see my best friend Aj and her family. It was my first time flying with two kids all by myself. It wasn't a long flight
and both kids were great. It was freezing cold so we didn't get out of the house much. Coolidge and Brody didn't mind. Coolidge had all this room to let out some energy and someone elses toys to explore. Brody loved the big couch and ottoman with a sea of carpet to fall on. What more could you want. It was great to see the Cochran's. It was their first time meeting Brody. The last time I made it to Ohio I was pregnant and Lily was 6 months old. It is great to see how the kids have changed.

Coolidge had his first visit to one of the schools we are applying to. He did very well and they seemed to like us also. I have to say that putting coolidge in a preschool has matured him. By the time I get done with all these applications I will fully be prepared for his college applications.

Brody got his first hair cut. after constant presure I finally broke down and let my mom cut off his curly cues on the sides of his head. I have to admit he looks great and even a little older. This is a photo of him before the haircut. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
And this is after.
<<<<<<<<<. Now he looks like a little man. He has 7 teeth and eats anything he can get his hands on. His favorite is to chomp on saltine crackers and lick whip cream off my latte. He pulls up on furniture and over the last couple of weeks has started to cruise from one end to the other. I can't seem to slow him down. I am predicting that he will be walking by 10 months. He also is drinking from a sippy cup. I found one that has a very soft spout which he loves to bite and suck from. It is a great transition cup.

We also flew home for my sister Brandi's wedding. She married her long time friend and even prom date, Jeremy Hopfe. They got married at the Inglewood Country Club. We had a great time and it was absolutely beautiful. Brandi was a gorgeous bride and Jeremy a handsome groom. However, no one was as handsome as my little Coolidge. He loved getting dressed up and danced all night long.

It was a long flight to Seattle but all three of my boys handled it just fine. Coolidge is an old pro at flying but Brody is still learning. He is a mover and a shaker just like Coolidge, so having to stay in one area is a real test to his patience. Coolidge is at that age where he enjoys sitting and working with an activity book. Thank God for portable DVD players because it will occupy at least 2 hours of time depending on the movie. It being a 5 hour flight, we need an array of goodies to keep him from getting bored.

We had a great time while in Seattle even if it was so short. My family got to see the kids and The kids got to play with their cousins. the last time they saw Brody he was only 2 months old so it was great for them to see how he has changed. We wont be back until August and he will be so very different by then. I hope you all had a great Presidents weekend. We spent it at my sisters house. Coolidge got the
opportunity to hang his first flag .
Ben has been asked to revive "Baseball 101" in March. He wanted to challenge himself so he is also preparing another play in the same series. He has a lot of work ahead of him but definitely up for the challenge.





3 comments:

  1. Lindsy10:33 PM

    I already thought you and brdoy looked alike but after seeing that baby picture I am convinced! It was so nice to see you guys and I am already counting the days till the next trip. Love you all Lindsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christie2:28 AM

    Very nice blog. All the pics are great. It was so nice having you guys over. I too am looking forward to your next visit out here. We love you all. The Hurds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:10 PM

    You guys are right out there in the blogosphere! It would appear that the two of you do look alike, although I would like to see side by sides.

    Glad to hear that you got out to see Bonnie, Christie and the rest of the clan.

    Those boys are really growing up!

    The Las Vegas Sears

    ReplyDelete