Sunday, April 22, 2007

April


Happy Easter! Coolidge had a blast celebrating Easter. He remembered what it is was like last year so he was very excited about all the fun of finding eggs and a basket this year. I hosted an egg hunt with my friend Sara. It was a lot of fun and the kids seemed to have a blast. We got blasted with some cold weather but we still had a lot of fun.

Coolidge had his first visit to the dentist this month. I read stories to get him ready and I was amazed at how at ease he was with the dentist. He let him look into his mouth without a second thought. He doesn't have any cavities and is actually looking forward to going again. He didn't understand why he couldn't get a lollipop. He went to the doctors with me when I was pregnant with Brody and always got a lollipop so now he thinks all of my doctors give lollipops.



Brody is now 10 months old. He is changing so fast. His new thing is to stick out his tongue and say babababa. Yesterday he stood by himself for about 3 seconds. He is getting more comfortable balancing. He even tries to climb things. I told him he should start with walking but for some reason he doesn't listen.

Ben did a great job with the two plays he had in a three play series. I was lucky enough to get Nicola to babysit for me so I could go see them. One, "Pitching the Good Game," moved me to tears. I have to say I am so proud of him. I know I am a bit biased but I have to say he is brilliant. I know all the hard work he put in and it all paid off. Good job babe!

I also want to say happy birthday to couple of special kids. My beautiful niece Kendal turned double digits this year, 10. My handsome nephew turned 11. It is amazing how grown up they are now. It wasn't that long ago they toddled down the isle in my wedding.

Aj, Sean and their two beautiful girls came to New York recently. I was able to meet Aj for a couple hours for some great quality time and shopping. It has been quite a while since I have had some alone time with my best friend. They came in town during a very busy weekend for us so I only got to hang with her for about 3 hours. Absolutely not enough, and hope to get to do it again soon. They also met Coolidge and I at the Natural History Museum. It is Coolidge's favorite place and he had a blast looking at all the animals with Lily, Maya, and Ethan.
We don't have a lot going on for the rest of the month. Hopefully our weather will turn and we will get out and enjoy the park more. My mom and sister and her two kids are coming out to see us in May. We are very excited to have them here and to have some fun with them on the coast.
I also want to let you know I have added a new link to my blog. If you go up to the right you will see my list of Links. The new one is my girl Nicola. She was inspired to start a blog because of reading mine. She too has family far away and felt the need to keep them close by posting a blog. She also inspired me by her honesty and change in lifestyle. I started exercising again after reading her blog. She hasn't been great at keeping it up but it isn't easy to do. My Brother -in-law also found it hard because of his busy life. You should check out her blog when you have a chance.
I also have a book to share with you all. A good friend of mine, who is also from Seattle, has a new book coming out May 8th called, "Male of the Species." It has been getting great reviews and sounds like a good summer read. I haven't read it yet but plan on getting mine and reading it on my vacation. According to what I read it is a "collection of short stories about fathers in America, it goes behind the Hallmark card and shows the realities and yearnings of fathers and their offspring as they attempt to connect across cultural and generational divides". You should go to his website http://www.alexmindt.com/ to check out more. You can also buy it on amazon.com.
Hope everyone is doing well and don't be shy to leave comment. I love to read about what you think.














3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,
    Sounds like the kids had fun on Easter. Nothing like a good Easter egg hunt for laughs and sometimes a few tears. Looking at your blog makes me miss doing mine. May start a new one. ~Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsy10:57 PM

    Glad to here everyone is doing well! We sure do miss you guys here and its always nice to get the updates. Give the kids a kiss for us. Love Lindsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:04 PM

    I really have some handsome grandsons, but how could they not be look at the parents. Love MOM!!!!

    ReplyDelete