Tuesday, June 12, 2007

May/June



Since I last posted we celebrated Mother's Day. My wonderful 3 boys gave me the morning off to meet my friend, have breakfast and get my nails done. They surprised me with a gift, flowers and dinner out. I am one of the luckiest mom's to have such a loving family. I also want to say thanks for having such great friends in my life who are also mothers and give me such wonderful support. I truly am blessed.

I also was given wonderful news from my little sister Brandi. She is going to make me an aunt for the 5 th time. She and her husband Jeremy are very excited to be expecting there first child. It is crazy to think of Brandi, who i once changed her diaper, pregnant. I am so happy and have started to knit a little something for the baby boy or girl.






During Memorial Day weekend my mom flew out to New York and we all drove out to Galloway, NJ. My mom traded her Marriott time share so we could all spend a couple of weeks near the beach and the pool. My sister Christie and her kids flew into Philadelphia and drove out to Galloway to join us in some site seeing and swimming. We all drove to Philly to see the Liberty Bell along with walking around this historic city and enjoyed the sites. We also made sure to eat the best Philly cheese steak with whiz at Jim's steaks. That sandwich was worth the hour car ride and getting lost on the way back.







We also made several trips to Ocean City. It has an amazing boardwalk with a great beach. The kids loved that they could spend time playing on the sand and shopping for all sorts toys, candy and junk food. My mom however, wasn't too fond of the beach because while she bought some fries, she was attacked by seagulls. Henry tried to protect her with some karate moves. I almost wet my pants when the boys told me the story.




Both of my boys conquered huge milestones during the trip. Brody became quite the toddler and toddled around the villa everyday. Coolidge who was afraid of the big pool and clung to my neck, was a swimmer by the last day of our vacation. He treaded water with just his water wings and swam all over the pool. Brody got his first dunk by my sister Christie and inspired Coolidge. Once he saw that he ran over the the kiddie pool and put just his face in the water. By the last day he let me throw him up and down into the water. I am so proud of his bravery. We call him our little swimmer. Because of his new confidence, I want to get him into swim lessons.

While we were in New Jersey we celebrated Henry's 8th birthday. It was nice because normally we don't get to see him on his birthday. Both Coolidge and Brody are also about to celebrate birthdays. It will be Brody's 1st and Coolidge's 4th. They were both born on the 13th of June. At first I thought Coolidge would not like sharing his special day but he is actually very excited. I can't believe a year has already flown by.

We are back in New York and back to our regular routine. Coolidge had a hard time getting back into school. Sometimes too much vacation can make it hard to go back to things you don't enjoy too much. We are very excited about this summer and plan to do some more vacationing.

I also want to ask all of those who read my blog to take a moment and say a prayer for Rick Bakke's family. He was a close friend of my mom and a wonderful guy who just lost his battle to cancer. We will miss him dearly.










4 comments:

  1. christie1:47 AM

    That was a wonderful story. I sure can't wait for Henry to get back into our blog. Keep up the good work. My prayers are with Ricks family. I am looking so forward to seeing you in August. Love you much -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 AM

    Hi!
    Glad you all are doing well. I'm glad your boys like the water.
    I'll be States side for the month of August. It would be great to have a beach day at Jones Beach with you all.
    My condolences to the Bakke's family for their loss.
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:47 PM

    Birthday wishes to my young beautiful boys. Great Blog! Love Grammy or rama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsy11:51 PM

    Nice blog Andrea! Im glad to see you guys had fun on vacation, and really look forward to spending time with you in august. Happy Birthday to the boys wish I could be there with you to celebrate. My prayers are with your friends family. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete