Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Thanksgiving was great. This was the first time in 13 years that I was able to have Thanksgiving with my west coast family and my east coast family. I ate turkey and the fixings 3 times. This holiday was so special because I got to be with everyone. I have to thank the Sawyers, I don't think they or anyone will ever know how wonderful this year has been because I got to celebrate with all of them. I also need to thank Sue, and my mom for making such big wonderful meals. I know it was a lot of work. They did it for me and the family and It meant the world to me and the boys. I also got a chance to see Lindsy try on wedding dresses. I feel like I have missed out on so many family experiences because I live 3,000 miles away. I was only home for a week and I made sure to pack it all in knowing darn well I wouldn't be back until August. I also got to see Cindy and attend her towelocs party. It was great to see her shine and show off her wonderful new product. I am normally the one on facebook saying, "wish I was there...take pictures...call me and let me know how it goes." I wish I could go home at the same time every year. However, the after math was not so much fun. My kids take a few days to get back on their schedule and now that Coolidge is in school it is hard to drag him out of bed when he is jet lagged. I too was exhausted and wishing I had done it during a time that they had no school. Traveling that distance can be very hard on me but it was well worth it now that I look back.
Now it is the middle of December and we are jam packed with fun Christmas activities. We just went to see Santa Clause last Saturday. It was the best time I have ever had going to Macy's Santa land. It was the first year that neither of them were scared. There were no melt downs and we even went out to eat afterwards. My boys are growing up and are able to with stand longer lines and restaurants for longer periods of time. Coolidge is asking Santa for a Nintendo Ds and Harry Potter's second book. Brody told him he wants a batman house, batman car and wolverine car. He was a little troubled when we started to leave and Santa hadn't given him his gifts yet. The funniest part was that in line with us was one of my mom's favorite actors from All my children. He was kind enough to take a picture with me so I could make my mom jealous. However, the only person I had to take the photo was Coolidge. It was very funny to see this 6 year old handle such a big camera and be so grown up about it. I wish I had it on video because it was quite humorous.

Ben is working like a dog. On a regular basis has had 3 jobs at a time going on. He works all day and night trying to get his projects done and cater so we can pay the bills. The best part was that he got his first paying job making a web commercial for a carpet company called, "Carpet Network." It is located out in New Jersey. It was his first assignment where he had a deadline and specific instructions on style and timing. I was very impressed and excited for him. Hopefully he will be getting many more. Once the commercial is up I will add the link.


My mom is coming soon. She is spending another Christmas with us. We love having her here and she seems to love being with us. Sometimes I wished she lived closer. I love the idea of her being here for all the fun stuff. She would have loved to see them sit on Santa's lap, put her arm around Cameron, make cookies, decorate the tree and gingerbread houses with us. I also love that she lives in Seattle because I love staying at her home and playing with the boys there. I am noticing that Aj, who's mom recently moved, is probably not going to spend as much time in Seattle this summer. It means she will see her other family members even less. I am not looking forward to that day. My summers in Seattle are just too perfect and I can't imagine them any other way.

Coolidge is doing great in school. He has started Hockey again and is jamming around the rink once again. It is amazing how this time last year he was just learning to skate. He loves skating and asks if he can go constantly. He also started skating with his school again. This year he is learning to skate on both hockey and figure skates. Now that he knows how to skate I am looking forward to see him learn more skills like skating backwards, cross over and using the puck. I keep waiting for him to say I don't want to go anymore because it is such a long day and night for him on those days but he never does. He has more energy than anyone I know. He had his school picture taken. It was nice to get it because last year we never received one because the company who took the photo went bankrupt.

Brody is doing well also. He is learning his letters and loves to trace the letters with the dots. I am impressed with how he has gone from scribbling to trying to color in the lines. He has been using glue, markers, and even some cutting. We are going to get a membership to the American Museum of Natural History so I can take him more often while he is still home with me. It will be so crazy to have both my boys in school next year. As I sit here looking at my little guy sitting on the couch holding his pink nye nye sucking his thumb and I can't even imagine him at school all day.

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends and it is the time of year that I really see how wonderful they all are. Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a Happy and safe New Year.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays Anree! Glad your mom is going to be there with you. As soon as both those boys are in school you will be able to get a job, so that Ben can quit one of his.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Andrea, SWEEEEEET photo of you and Cameron....forget your mom being jealous...I am! Have a wonderful Christmas with your mom, Ben and the boys! ~Cheryle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Ya'll have a Merry Christmas now! Love reading your blog updates. Hope to see you in the New Year.
    xoxo,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete