Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holidays

November is almost over and Christmas is just around the corner. Time seems to be just flying by this fall. The weather has been beautiful and we have been so busy. Both of my boys are in school now and for some reason I am busier than ever. I am so proud of my self because almost a year ago I went on Weight Watchers. I was on it for 3 months and lost about 10lbs. I was able to get down to my pre pregnancy weight and keep it off. Now the challenge will be to keep it off during the holidays. It wasn't easy in the beginning and as long as I am mindful of what I am eating and how much, I am all good. I refuse to gain it back and I think that is all the will power I need.

We had a great October. This year we celebrated Halloween about 3 different times. The kids just love dressing up. Kerry threw a great party at her house. She did such a wonderful job decorating that each time I turned around I was wowed. Brody was quite scared but once he took it all in and realized none of it was real he was able to run around with complete ease. This year the candy was filled to the brim in their buckets. Usually I would have loved it but now when I see that I think of a stomach ache and cavities. I guess that makes me officially old. We went pumpkin picking and this would be our second time. This year I realized that it is more work than fun. The kids whine, it is crowded and the drive is long. Next year I am taking them to Stew Leonards. They have more fun doing that and it is much easier. However, maybe it was the accident we were in on our way home that put the damper on the whole experience. Nobody was hurt accept my car. A semi truck moved into our lane while we were still in it. Sounds worse than it was because we were only driving 5 miles per hour. Because of its sheer size our car looks like someone took a can opener to it. She only had a few scratches but we had $3,500 worth of damages on ours. She lied and said I came into her lane and because it was her word against mine she didn't have to pay a cent. I hate when that sort of thing happens. Too many good things are happening in my life for me to think about her lieing any more.

My sister Brandi had a baby girl recently. Her name is Morgan Lorraine. From what I see in the photos, Logan is so very excited to take care of his baby sister. I heard the birth was much easier this time around and they are all doing well. She lives in Colorado so I am only able to love her through pictures but can't wait to get my hands on her this summer. Congratulations to Brandi and Jeremy.

At the beginning of fall Coolidge didn't show much interest in doing ice hockey this season. But then one day we were walking home past the rink and he saw all these boys carrying their hockey gear and turned to me and said, " I do want to play hockey." I had never seen that look in his face towards any sports so the only thing left for me to do was get him signed up. So he is back in Hockey and his first day was not a good one. He didn't have all his equipment, the skates were too big and he had to be out in the cold until after 8 pm. Yet he came home didn't complain and wants to go back next week. I love his determination. He lost both his front teeth so he really looks like a hockey player.

Brody is very athletic and seems to take on just about anything that comes his way but ice skating is not something he seems to even think twice about. However, we did get him on the ice today and he did very well for his first time. The only problem now is that he got a blister and believes he will get one every time he skates. We will see if I can get him on there again. Sometimes the pain is out of sight then out of mind but Brody has a great memory and I think this will be something he wont forget. He loves riding his scooter and his bike. He has hurt himself many times but for some reason the love of doing it out weighs the memory of the pain. I just don't think he loves skating enough to forget.

We just celebrated Thanksgiving. The day before we went to 81st street to see them blow up the balloons. In the 15 years I have been living here this is my first time. It was very cool to see them up close and personal. The boys loved it. Brody was constantly worried they would pop. but for the most part he loved seeing them. Coolidge wanted to go to the parade. I told him when he can show me that he can do other activities without whining then I will get up at the crack of dawn and take him to the parade. Maureen and Alan hosted dinner this year and it was a lot of fun. I have so much to be thankful for. I am blessed to have 2 beautiful boys who make me smile and laugh. I am married to the best husband I could have ever asked for. I married into the most wonderful in laws around. They make me feel like I have been their family since birth. Being so far from home it is nice to know that I have them to call on if I ever need and believe me I have needed. My family at home in Seattle is amazing also. I am surrounded by love and support and that is what I am thankful for. However, I am sorry that we lost a family member recently. My grandpa Bob Peek passed on in October. He was a very sweet loving man and I will miss him greatly.



















2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:32 AM

    Nice blog Andrea, you always remember everybody. Love MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:25 PM

    Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful Christmas with my sister because she never wants to celebrate with me anymore.
    As always, Unca R.

    ReplyDelete