Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chicken pox and Veritgo....oh my.

I had planned to write my blog as soon as I returned to from Vegas but got hit with a stomach virus and vertigo at the same time. If you've ever experienced either of them the you know that the two together knocked me off my feet and landed me in the emergency room. I'm sorry to say it all came on while I was boarding the plane to go home from Vegas. I actually had to get off the plane and get on another one hours later. Because I've never experienced vertigo and combined with an upset stomach I experienced my first panic attack. It was a horrible way to end my vacation with my family. 



I went to Vegas to meet my family to relax by the pool, enjoy some gambling and shopping. The pool was anything but relaxing. We had to go through major security just to enter the pool area. The actually searched my bag and took my airplane crackers. All I could think is "REALLY!" I can't believe bringing a snack to the pool was going to make a huge dent in the amount of money they made that day. Maybe if they allowed more people to bring a snacks to the pool they would have to spend less on EMT's to come and help the drunk people passing out from dehydration and alcohol poisoning. I miss the old Flamingo that I got married at. This trip made me realize that Vegas is no longer the place for me. I did enjoy seeing my family and laughing so hard I almost peed my pants. My family is a lot of fun and I wish I got to see them more often. 

After my crazy experience of going to the emergency room I made an appointment with an EMT to find out about why I feel like I am on a boat where ever I go. I also called my dad and he told me that he experiences the same thing from time to time. My doctor diagnosed me with an inner ear problem. He said I inherited it and will feel dizzy here and there throughout my life. I have been swaying on this boat for over two weeks and it is much better but have to say quite annoying and unsettling. 


Another reason the whole thing bothered me is that I missed my best friends baby shower. I have been looking forward to throwing a shower for her since the moment I heard she was trying to have a baby. I am so happy that her friend Melanie was helping me with it because she took over after I got sick.  From what I understand it was just beautiful. I can't wait to meet Nicola's little babies and I know Her and Gleb are going to be great parents.

Brody and Coolidge are both playing baseball this year. I can't believe how much Coolidge's skills improved from last year. He was put out in the outfield and never really got to see much action. This year they have him on the pitchers mound and he is throwing to first base like a pro. Last year he got bored quickly by the sport and now he is excited to go to each practice and game. Brody was very excited in the beginning but now he is bored and wants nothing to do with the sport. It is too bad because he is quite good. I have faith he will try again next year and get that excitement back again. Ben is one of the assistant coaches on Brody's team and is now helping on Coolidge's team. It is fun to see him out there. He has a great energy that the kids really respond well to him.

Brody got the chicken pox about a month ago. At first I thought they were bug bites because he was immunized. I didn't realize until the next day when more appeared that he actually got the chicken pox. His doctor said that you can still get it even if you have had the shot. Poor little guy was very good about not scratching them and was bored to tears being quarantined for about a week. The nice thing about your child being immunized is the outbreak was quite small. What you see here in the photo was about the worst of it. 

So it is safe to say that this spring has been an interesting one for us. I hope it means that summer will be amazing. We are leaving as soon as school gets out for Seattle. I love summers there because it is nice and cool and you don't have to live by air conditioners. Plus all my family helps me cook, clean, and entertain my boys. What more do you need?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:02 PM

    I know you will have a wonderful summer. A stomach virus AND vertigo is your quota for the season!

    Love the blog. Read it all of the time! The boys are so handsome!!! All three of them!!!

    GA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:23 PM

    Vertigo or old age; I think they are one and the same! Thanks for sharing your adventure and I am sorry about the Flamingo. Really hasn't been the same since Harrah's purchased it. Unca R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom and Dad both get terrible vertigo. It can be quite debilitating, and never truly goes away for them. Try not to make any sudden movements and limit looking up as much as possible. I hope every day that I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete