Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Boys!



Today my son Coolidge was born 9 years ago. After I gave birth to him I was overwhelmed with emotions. I didn't know you could love someone that much. I truly knew what unconditional love felt like. I always thought I knew but it wasn't until then that I really felt it. I also had no idea that he would cry and cry and cry and cry. He was a very tough baby. He only liked to be held one way (facing out) and he wanted to breast feed every 20 minutes instead of every 2 hours. The first few months with my sweet little Coolidge was the most difficult of my life. I went through the baby blues and could only manage to breast feed for four months. The only thing that calmed him down was a pacifier. I never thought a pacifier would become the most powerful possession in my house. Now that I know him at 9 years old I know why he was that little baby. He is the most curious little child and has more energy than anyone I know. It makes complete sense that he never wanted to sleep because he had to much to do for a nap. To this day he can't cuddle with me on the couch because he needs to see all that is going on and at all times. He got rid of his pacifier at the age of three. He decided he was done and he let it go. He still has that beautiful angelic face that I can't stop staring at. My Coolidge is the sweetest little boy that wears his heart on his sleeve. Happy Birthday my baby boy. I can't believe you are only one year away from double digits.


Today my son Brody was born 6 years ago. Yes, they were born on the same day. No, I didn't plan it. Many of you know that I expected Brody to be a girl. I had one sonogram and they said he was a girl. Funny thing is I knew in my heart he was a boy. My pregnancy with Brody was very tough on my body but he wasn't a tough baby. Thank goodness because I needed a break. He also liked to suck right away but never liked a pacifier. He found his thumb the moment he was born and still sucks it when he is tired. He likes to nap to this day and loves to cuddle all the time (But only with me). I learned a lot from Coolidge so I was able to get help and breast feed him up until he was 15 months old. Brody is now 6 and is what I call my little love bug. He is very adventurous and ridiculously coordinated. He too is so very sweet and quite funny. He loves to be goofy but you have to be careful because if you say the wrong thing you realize he is very sensitive. He has the sweetest little chubby cheeks that makes all of us week in the knees. Happy Birthday my snuggle bug. I can't believe you are going to be in the first grade this fall.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. Happy Birthday to them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:51 AM

    Happy birthday guys! Look forward to seeing you both this summer.
    -Uncle Henry

    ReplyDelete