Wednesday, October 03, 2012

16 Year Anniversary!


16 years ago I move here on this day. I only intended on staying a year, two tops. I fell in love with NYC and look at me I am still here. I moved in my twenties looking for an adventure. I intended on finishing school once I got back to Washington. I never thought I would apply to school here and manage to get my Master's in Elementary Education. I also never thought I would fall in love so fast. I loved being single and being free to date whom ever I wanted. But this guy named Ben took my heart the day I met him on the Lower Eastside at a bar called Saphire. I married that guy 5 years later and now I have two gorgeous boys named Coolidge and Brody.


If someone would have told me one day you will live in NYC and raise a family I would have busted a gut laughing. I'm so glad I made the decision to move. I have had the best 16 years so far. I wouldn't change a day even though there were some interesting bumps in the road. I have gained some great friendships and even lost some along the way. I've spent most of my adult life here and consider myself bi coastal. I'm someone who is still that polite Seattle girl but now with an edge.

I get the question from just about everyone I know...."will you ever move back to Seattle?" I used to laugh at that because I love this city so much. However, my kids are getting to an age that I am starting to question if I want to live here in the big apple anymore. As great as it is here it is hard to raise two boys without buckets of money. So the answer is, I don't know. I don't know where my life will be taking me in the next couple of years. I guess you will have to stay tuned to find out when I do. I know that I have had a great time here. I wish they had blogs out when I first moved here. It would have been great to document all my crazy times. I know that the charm of this place has worn off a bit. I used to love the noise, lights, trains, and crazy people, now it just gets on my last nerves. I remember for years I would walk down the streets and say to myself, "oh my god...you actually live here." Now I say good lord you need to get the hell out of here. I guess that's what happens when you have kids and turn 40.

I never say never because I usually do what I said I would never do. I'm curious where I will be in 16 years. My boys will be all grown up and I imagine I will have had a lot more adventures with them. Hell I'm curious to where I will be and what I will be doing next October 3rd. Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment